Can I claim my father and his family as my dependents in this situation. – Money & Services


Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported .

Report Cancel

I’m a citizen of USA. My monthly net income is about $1500. Every month, I send $500-$800 U.S Dollars to my father and his family(my step-sister and step-mom) who are in China. All the transactions are sent through my Bank of America checking account. They are not U.S citizens. In case like this, is it possible to claim them as my dependents?


They may be eligible under “Qualifying Relative,” and for this it is not necessary that they live with you. However, a dependent must be citizen or resident of the U.S.
Read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Requirements for claiming a dependent

Money & Services 0 Answer 18 views 0

About the Author

Leave an answer

Captcha Click on image to update the captcha .

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>