Green card holder married to F1 visa.. How to file tax? – Money & Services


Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported .

Report Cancel


I am green card holder and I married to a girl who is on student visa in August 2011.
I haven’t filed for her green card application.
HOw should I file tax ? Jointly or separately ?
Please provide details.



Choice 1. You file as married filing separately and your spouse files nonresident tax return.
Choice 2. You file joint return as residents. Both must report worldwide income for the year. Your U.S. Tax Return: Filing Status for Married

Money & Services 0 Answer 25 views 0

About the Author

Leave an answer

Captcha Click on image to update the captcha .

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>