Unemployed with 2 children – Money & Services


Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported .

Report Cancel

I am an unemployed single mother of two children not collecting unemployment or tanf, only source of income is child support. How can I claim my children as dependents? Am I not allowed anything on taxes because I cannot find work?


Sorry, but if your ONLY income is child support, then you cannot file a tax return. Child support is neither taxable income for the recipient nor a tax deduction for the payor.

If you are getting ALIMONY, THAT income IS taxable.

I assume you are the custodial parent. If so, you MAY be able to get some money from the father in exchange for allowing HIM to claim the children on HIS tax return.

Money & Services 0 Answer 20 views 0

About the Author

Leave an answer

Captcha Click on image to update the captcha .

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>