What is the recipe for a rich vanilla cheesecake ? – Food & CookingReport
This is one my wife uses and I’m always saying it’s too rich. It’s a lot of work with many ingredients. This is one from Scotland so you can see the use of the different cheeses and ingredients. You can substitute cream cheese and sour cream but it does not give it the flavor that the cottage cheese and ricotta does.
- 2 oz almonds (grind to powder)
- ¾ cup wafer crumbs
- 7-8 tbsp coffee(liquid, not grounds)
- 14 oz low-fat cottage cheese
- 7 oz low-fat ricotta cheese
- 5 oz firm tofu
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt, drained
- 2/3 cup thick, honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 ½ tbsp vanilla
- ½ tspn vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine the ground nuts, crumbs and coffee in a bowl, press into a greased 10″ or 12″ spring-form(smaller pan for thicker cake), line the bottom with parchment.
- Bake 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Purée the cheeses and tofu until smooth. Add the drained yogurt and remaining ingredients. Continue puréeing until smooth and thick.
- Pour over crust.
- Boil approximately 6 to 8 cups of water.(To be used later)
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Check at 15 min if you desire smoother mixture.
- Place a bowl of boiling water in oven below cheesecake and reduce the oven temperature to 200°F.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours longer or until set. (different ovens have different temps)
- Cool cheesecake 1 hour inside oven, then refrigerate completely before slicing.