What I'm looking for is a product that competes with the WiFiCom SAB
Broadband Internet Service Management System, though they have plans
to come up with a few major updates in a month and in early 2003.
The above can be used as a reference, but what we're looking for is
1. A complete billing solution suitable for hostspots where there's no
outsourcing of any part of it.
2. Has the ability to run on one of the flovors of Unix. Meaning, no
MS platform requirement can be accepted.
3. Supports prepaid and allows the user to creat an account and refill
it in the future with vouchers.
4. Supports multiple pricing plans.
5. Bandwidth management per hotspot.
6. Controls maximum concurrent users per hotspot.
7. Supports roaming between our own hotspots and others as well as
globally through GRIC or i-Pass.
8. Supports revenue sharing between us and the property owner.
9. Allows users to view and change their account information as well
10. Supports credit cards as a good plus.
11. Allows for peek and non-peek rate management and quality
management. Meaning if a client pays for a higher rate, they can get
better performance than those on a more economical plan.
12. Supports AAA.
13. An API is a plus.
14. Licensing is either rental or purchase.
15. Control simultanious logins by the same account, that doesn't mean
we don't want multiple logins, but have the ability to charge twice
for the second and so on.
16. Support for local portals with the ability to allow
unauthenticated users to see them. I think they call them Walled
17. Ability to report problems via an online support form without
We were able to locate the following solutions:
The hardware we're interested in using is:
CISCO Aironet 350 & 1200 series
Clarification of Question bylizardnation-ga
Note — This question is expected to be answered by "Lot-ga" as I
think he has a qualifying reply.
Thank you all.